This recipe is so simple and so great! I was inspired to finally make homemade croutons from my fellow pinners over on Pinterest. Here's what you need to make homemade croutons:
- 6 slices of bread
- 3 Tbsp EVOO
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Sprinkling of salt
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- Place the bread on a cookie sheet and let each side go stale for about 12 hours each side.
- After the 24-hour time period has passed, mix together the EVOO, garlic powder, salt and parsley in a mixing bowl.
- Cut the crusts off the bread and cut the bread into cubes.
- Thoroughly mix the ingredients in the bowl together so there are no lumps, then add the bread cubes.
- Mix together.
- Place in a single layer on the cookie sheet.
- Bake in oven for a total of 30 minutes (flipping after 15 minutes) at 350 degrees.
- Store in airtight container.