- 2 1/2 Tbsp EVOO, divided
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 to 1 1/4 lbs steak, sliced into 1/4 inch thick strips
- 1 whole green pepper
- 1 whole red pepper
- 1 whole onion
- 8 flour tortillas
- Salsa and or sour cream to taste when serving
- Mix together 1 1/2 Tbsp EVOO and the next 7 ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add in the steak and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Slice the peppers and onions into 1/4 inch thick strips.
- If you are quick with the slicing, make sure that the steak marinates for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat for about 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining EVOO and the steak.
- Don't add the extra juices from the marinade.
- Cook, stirring a couple of times, for about 4 minutes until the steak is cooked through.
- Transfer the steak to a large plate.
- Add the peppers and onion to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
- Add the steak back to the skillet and cook and stir for an additional 2 minutes.
- While the steak and veggies are cooking together, wrap the tortillas in a paper towel and place them in your microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Serve the steak mixture in a tortilla with salsa and/or sour cream to taste.
The steak mixture should look like this when you are done with it, but before it has been added to a tortilla, as pictured above.