|See the slight resemblance to soup? Doesn't matter though as it was still delicious.|
- 2 Tbsp EVOO
- 1 cup flour
- 3 lbs beef roast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 15oz can of tomato sauce
- 5 cups beef stock
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 1/2 cups Bisquick
- 2/3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat the EVOO in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Put the flour in a shallow bowl.
- Dredge the chopped roast through the flour.
- Add the meat to the dutch oven and cook for 12 to 15 minutes.
- If all the meat will not fit in one layer at the bottom of the dutch oven, cook it in multiple batches.
- With all the meat in the dutch oven, add the onions, potatoes, carrots, tomato sauce, 1 1/2 cups water, beef stock, red wine, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for 2 hours.
- Stir in the peas.
- Stir the Bisquick and milk together in a bowl until well combined.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of the Bisquick mix into the pot.
- Cook uncovered for 10 minutes, then cover and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Garnish with the parsley when serving.
The biscuits may take longer to cook... just a warning.